Don’t join the statistics of unfortunate people having all their wrapped Christmas presents stolen from around the Tree, and then having to try to explain to your Children !! (just a relevant in 2015 as it was in 2014)
A scene duplication millions of times around the world !!
A Temptation that some ‘Low Life Burglars’ would find hard to Ignore, if he had been Disturbed by now, you probably find he wouldn’t Return !!
A few precautions listed below may take the Temptation away at this stage, as the potential Burglar would know he will find an easy target somewhere else close by:
- Avoid putting the Presents around the Tree until very near Christmas if the Tree is visible from any Window or Door (work and social events often result in no one at home on more occasions).
- Keep curtains or blinds slightly closed (to take the view of the Tree away).
- Have Security devices in place, such as:
- Make it hard (or uncomfortable) for the Potential Burglar to get to the Window to look through (on some homes this would be impossible, on other homes it would be so very easy), this can be physical obstructions or electrical security devices.
- If that Tree or Bush you have been meaning to trim back all year is now resulting in a nice and sheltered location for a Thief to work without being seen, Trim it Back.
- If you have a front gate, keep it Closed.
- Ensure your PIR’s to your Alarm system are visible within the room (when looking through an outside window).
- Good conditioned Alarm Siren (working or dummy) on the building, giving the belief that the Home is Alarmed.
- CCTV overlooking the Risk Windows or Door (real or false).
- Outdoor Alarm: if a visitor sees that their presence has triggered some type of Alert or Alarm (this could be Flashing Lights for a few seconds, low level ‘Beeps’, a Lamp or TV turning on inside the House or even a loud Siren for a few seconds) then this will be a great Deterrent.
- Alarm or CCTV Warning Stickers or Signs.
- Suitable Lighting.
The potential Burglar wasn’t Disturbed or Put Off, so is now becoming a Burglar !!
They will not even have to wrap their Presents, you have kindly done this for them !!
Every year there are hundreds of people experience the awful reality of having their Christmas Presents Stolen from around the Tree, or laying in a spare room after being painstakingly wrapped up.
Someone breaking into your Home is absolutely terrible at any time of year, but then having to also explain to the Children that they have no presents this year together with having all the trauma that follows any Burglary, it becomes a Christmas to forget.
Don’t let them ruin your Christmas, take a few simple precautions and give it a few seconds thought, and hopefully you will not join the statistics, if you need advice on choosing a simple DIY Security device then please contact Ultra Secure Direct who will gladly give you Honest, No Obligation Advice !!
Take some simple precautions, you often do not even have to spend any money !!
By Mark Walter Google